Today’s golf carts have become the perfect vehicle because it can often go to places where a larger car or truck would be in the way. They can be bought used or new, and then upgraded to meet ones needs. If opting to buy a used cart then have it customized, then there are several things you will want to consider, before making the decision to buy.
- · Do you want a gas or electric powered cart? Gas carts are noisier, require more maintenance and have been banned in some states; however, they have more horsepower and can run longer on a single tank of gas than the average battery can last. They are also ideal for uneven terrain and can even pull and tow. The battery powered carts are less expensive to operate and are better for the environment. However, they must be recharged after a full day of use and do not typically have the ability to tow something.
- · What type of body do you want it to have? From size to color, there is a variety of choices available. Talk to the dealer to learn what offerings there are.
- · Do you want to have an affixed windshield? Depending on where you live, this could be important. If going for a custom cart, this is a great feature.
- · What about a radio? If you are a music lover, this would also be a nice feature to include.
- · Seat material – Customize your cart by opting for leather or a specific fabric. You could keep it the standard white, or opt for a logo or other pattern.
- · How many seats? You can choose to have one seat, rear facing seats, or even an extra row of seats. The choice is yours.
- · Headlights – If you will be driving at night or where low visibility is an issue, these will be important. You will also want to learn if headlights are required in your area.
- · Can you see? In addition to headlights, many custom golf carts have side and rear-view mirrors added so drivers have better visibility.
The golf cart – no longer is it only found parked near the 18th hole. Today, you can have a custom golf cart to meet your needs and specs.