- The system of the gear: After a set of gears is interlocked, it is called a planetary system. As a result, it will help you to ride up on a hill. Or better yet, it will help you go faster on a flat. Based on the condition of the gear, the driver has two options. He can spring first on outer rings. However, the planetary gears may go deeper in the hub. As a result, it gets nearer to the center. All in all, there are all 11 combinations. That means it’s an equivalent of an 11-45 tooth cassette.
- Disc-brake on rotors: When working with disc brakes, you are up for an amazing treat. That is because it gives superior stopping and exceptional control. This is most applicable on wet roads or when your bike is densely loaded.
- The axle is fixed. The whole system goes around a fixed axle that has three pawls — they are spring-loaded with wedge-shaped pieces of metal. At times, shifting makes specific pawls to prolong the from the axle. Thus, it prohibits a few moving sun gears from spinning.
- The cog is critical. Like a free hub body, the one and only external cog of an internal gear hub is attached to a driver unit. Consequently, the labyrinth of great inside the hub turns and uses a clutch to get into different gears.
Now that we know the anatomy of an internal gear, we are aware how to use them. Let us get to a few reasons you need to use an internal gear hub.
- Reliable: One of the most substantial advantages of internal gear hub is that all of the moving parts for shifting are sealed in a unit. This is no other than the hub. Also, it means that they are absolutely protected from dirt, grime, road salt and water.
- Durability and Maintenance: Do you know that internal gear hubs are not difficult to keep than standard derailleur systems? What you need to do regularly is to keep the suitable tension on your chain and lubricate it regularly.
- Shifting: Imagine this ever happening to you: You came to a stop on your bike. You suddenly realized that you are still in too much high of a gear to start in. Worry no more. With the help of an internal gear hub, you can shift gears while stagnant.